Organic Blueberry Crumble
| Made from 100% Organic Ingredients |
Mix together your Organic Flour (I use 50/50 mix of Brown Rice & Spelt Flours) and Oats.
Add your Coconut Sugar, Monk Fruit Sweetener, Cinnamon, and Himalayan Salt. Mix together well!
In a separate bowl add your Organic Butter, Peanut Butter and Coconut Oil. Microwave for about 30-40 seconds.
Add your melted mixture into the Oat mixture with 1 Egg Yolk (you can replace this with Applesauce ~50 g) and mix!
Remove 1 cup of the mixture, place it in a separate bowl and set aside.
The left portion will be for the crust and the right (1 cup) portion will be for the crumble on top.
Get another bowl and add your blueberries, Arrowroot Starch, and Monk Fruit Sweetener, and lemon juice. Mix together!
Use your main mixture to create a tightly packed crust. Press it down until it looks as such.
Now add your blueberry layer on top and pack it down as well!
Finally take the leftover Oat mixture and add it on top. Don’t pack this layer down as we want the crumbs to form as it bakes!
And here is the finished result! Add some ice cream to this (optional) and dig right in!!
Organic Blueberry Crumble
Prep Time 15 mins
Cook Time 40-50 mins
Total Time 60-70 mins
Total Calories ~ 293 Calories
Author Vika Savichev
- The Base and Crumble Topping
- ¾ cup Brown Rice Flour
- ¼ cup Spelt Flour
- 40g Monk Fruit Sweetener
- 30g Coconut Sugar
- ½ tsp Cinnamon
- ¼ tsp Himalayan Salt
- ¼ cup Organic Unsalted Butter
- 1 large Organic Egg Yolk / ~ 50g Apple Sauce
- The Blueberry Layer
- 2 cup Blueberries (frozen or fresh) – adjust baking time based on instructions
- 2 tbsp Lemon Juice
- 20g Monk Fruit Sweetener
- 2 tbsp Arrowroot Starch
- Preheat oven to 350 F degrees and spray your baking dish with Propellant free Coconut Oil spray.
- In a medium bowl mix together your dry ingredients (flours, monk fruit sweetener, coconut sugar, cinnamon, Himalayan salt).
- In a smaller bowl combine your healthy fats and melt them in the microwave for 30-40 minutes. Pour into the dry mixture, add an egg yolk, and mix together until a well-combined crumbly mixture forms.
- Take 1 cup worth of mixture out of the bowl and set aside for the topping.
- In another medium bowl mix together blueberries, lemon juice, monk fruit sweetener and arrowroot starch.
- Take your base mixture and pack it down tightly at the bottom of your baking dish. Add blueberry mixture on top and pack it down as well. FInally add your (1 cup) worth of crumble mixture on top loosely.
- If your blueberries were fresh – bake for 40-45 minutes, if you used frozen blueberries – bake for 50 mins.
- Let them fully cool before cutting them up.